Tuesday, January 8, 2013

In Which Moo Becomes Famous & I Cement My Status as the Crazy Cat Lady


Moo, chillin' like a villian at the hotel & ready to use his laser beam eyes.


Many people now know of Moo the Cat. Of course, he does come up a lot in conversation since there were so many things to do to get him here. Also, I don't have a lot of other things to talk about in small talk currently except for Moo, the frustrations of not having an ID card, and the work of in-processing. I will very much look forward to the time when I'm settled in have other things to think and talk about.

I visited staff in other offices in our department to meet them and talk about my time here. When I met the coworker of one of my sponsors, he smiled and said, "oh! You're the one with Moo, the huge cat!"

Oh, dear! First of all, I told him that he's going to hurt the cat's little Moo feelings by calling him huge. Everyone seems to think he's big, which is strange to me. However, I'm around him all the time, so I guess I don't think about it. He is a 14 pound cat but he's also quite long. He's not really fat or anything like that.

Secondly: oh no! I'm going to be the Crazy Cat Lady of the base, I'm sure.

Even writing about this is not good because it further cements it. Sigh.




2 comments:

  1. Good Moo, he's keeping you occupied!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, except for when he walks around by my head at 0630 and purrs!

    ReplyDelete