Thursday, April 25, 2013

Memory is full; clear cache!

My phone has been hollering at me for quite some time that its memory is full. I will admit: I've been lazy about fixing this because I've been so busy lately. Anything that is not Moo, work, or school isn't really being done in a timely manner for me right now (let's not even talk about the last time I mopped inside my house - though I have been good about cleaning the stairs in the building, which is required).

I half-heartedly deleted some photos off my phone but ignored it beyond that. Well, today my phone finally had enough; it wouldn't load past the manufacturer's logo. I had some panic; after all, I need it this weekend because we're going to be out and about on adventures. I have very little time to try to run back to the store where I bought it, and I wondered if the store would be remotely helpful with the phone. Customer service sometimes gets a bad rap here so I imagined they'd tell me too bad, I had to buy another phone. I don't know if this is logical or not but I was dreading the possibility.

Instead of continuing to fret, I got my act together, stopped panicking over something stupid, and found out online how to reboot the phone. I had to reset a lot of the preferences but it worked. Phew!

I actually wish I could do something like this for my brain ;) There are so many things going on right now with work, school, and travel that my brain is feeling a bit mushy. For example, when I was taking a test for my German test, I forgot some words I had just seen. They flashed right out of my head. Processing all this information seems to be taking so long right now.

If only I could clear my mental cache of information I don't need any more to make room for the new information.

Argh! My brain is on overload! Even this graffiti in an abandoned house near the Heidelberg Project in Detroit agrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment