Sunday, June 9, 2013

And this is why I don't like to be around on game day

One Sunday, I decided to take a stroll because the stormy, angry skies and their potential torrential downpours looked very appealing. Well, I actually needed a change of pace so I decided to take a walk.

I noticed some people wearing FCK, the local soccer (football) team), gear, which was a signal that it must have been a game day. In other words, I wanted to be nowhere near the train station (which is near the stadium).

I turned on my heel and headed home but heard some loud singing. Great, I thought. I really don't like to be around soccer fans, especially ones who sound like they've been drinking.

Bunch of rowdy men + unbridled enthusiasm for their sport + liquor = unbridled stupidity at best and possible physical harm at worst

(for the record, I feel that it's like this everywhere, not just in KL)

They started bellowing a song in English (which had nothing to do with me; they weren't close enough to even see me).

Well, the words were technically English.

It was something about "if you can hear us..."

I took off before I could hear the rest because I really wasn't interested in what stupidity they had on tap!

No comments:

Post a Comment