Saturday, November 2, 2013

Restaurant Review: Arizona Diner, Saarbrücken

Arizona Diner



Some of our Bekannte in Saarbrücken had a craving for American food so they suggested a visit to Arizona Diner. We joined them for a dinner in the cheerful diner.

The restaurant is cute and looks like an actual American diner from the 1950s with aqua blue accents and black and a white checkered floor. The outside features a movie marquee where information about events is posted.

The menu is reasonably big with typical American diner food: hamburgers, French fries, hot dogs, omelets, and even American desserts such as a banana split. There are also some American junk food favorites such as Ben and Jerry's ice cream, Reese's peanut butter cups, and Dr. Pepper for those who miss such things. For those who like Mexican food, which is very common in the US, there are quesadillas, fajitas, and chili con carne.

I ordered an omelet with "toast." I use quote marks with the "toast" because I was served a hamburger bun, toasted and cut in two. I was really disappointed by that as no American would ever consider that toast. Plus, it's not difficult in Germany to buy "American toast," which is typical American sandwich bread.

My omelet was disappointing too. Instead of being served more like a crepe with the filling of cheese and mushrooms folded inside, it was basically a plate of scrambled eggs that didn't look appetizing at all. It didn't taste that great, either. My 5.50 euro meal was disappointing.

My unappetizing omelet with what I don't consider "toast."
 My friend ordered a hamburger platter and said that was good. I tasted a French fry and it was okay; it was the thick cut style but it was super salty.

So, I'd say that the diner is cute but I wasn't impressed by the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment