Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Crazy weather

This winter has been so much easier than last year's winter; it's been so mild, with temperatures in the 40-50s. There has been basically no snow (though there have been plenty of rain showers). Last year, it was colder, with temperatures in the 20-40s and more snow. It was more mild than where I'm from in the States, but it packed a bigger punch last year because I was walking around outside a lot.

Anyway, I have noticed flowers growing recently. It is so weird to this Michigan girl to have seen flowers in January (when I took this picture). I plucked one and stuck it in my hair and practically went skipping off into the sunlight. That's the bonus of this year's less dreary winter: people are in better moods, probably because of more sunlight. Don't get me wrong; it's not Florida by any means, but after seeing nothing but gray skies last winter, the bits of sunshine we've been having this year are wonderful.

Flowers in January? Mind blowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment