Thursday, August 14, 2014

Another turducken, at the office

One day at work, my coworker came running up.

"You must see this! It's like your turducken!" she exclaimed.

I was very confused because I imagined that a bird thingie (read more here about my Amsterdam bird experience) was in her office. She saw my confused look and said, "No, it was a BUG and it was touching me! I don't know what kind of bug it was!"

As soon as I saw the bug I could see why she'd say it was like a turducken. The bug looked like several different types of bugs made into one. I mean, it looked part beetle, part something with a nasty stinger, and part...dragonfly? I don't even know what it was supposed to be, but I saved the day by crushing it as otherwise there didn't seem like a good way of getting it out of the office alive without getting stung.*

I also like the idea of using turducken as a term for when things are made from other things, and not just within the realm of poultry. That suits me just fine.
 
*Well, I accidentally kind of didn't crush it enough so I told her that she had to finish crushing it because it was disgusting. I couldn't allow either one of us to be ridiculously girly and not willing to deal with a bug. We both saved the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment