Monday, August 18, 2014

Brussels, happiness, and friends

This past weekend, I took a trip to the Netherlands for some business-related needs, then moved on to Brussels to see a friend whom I had met in Detroit three years ago. Later we made a stop to Ghent and met up with my friend's friend who lived there. It was a fantastic weekend of reuniting with an old friend and making some new friendly acquaintances!

It was such a wonderful weekend that made me so happy. It made me think of the saying that it "made my heart swell with joy." That is a really cheesy saying, I think, but that's how awesome it felt. Well, until I started dissecting the statement; I was thinking that if one's heart were swelling, it might indicate a build-up of fluid and heart failure...then I told myself to stop being so dang literal.

Regardless, it was a fantastic weekend. I love how small the world can be; after all, I was able to reconnect with a friend I had met thousands of miles away and years before. We now live and hour and a half from each other but reconnected in Brussels. I made plans to meet with the couple from Paris when I'll be visiting the city soon for other reasons.

There is more to say, but that's it for now as it's late.

No comments:

Post a Comment