Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Some German slang and low pants

I love having the opportunity to speak to German natives to work on my language skills. Plus, it's a great way to learn things that wouldn't necessarily be mentioned in a textbook.

During the campout this weekend, I saw a guy dancing and his pants were a bit low. I commented to my Bekanntin that it looked like half of a full moon.

She shared the German word term with me: Maurerdekolletee. A Maurer is a wall builder, and a décolleté (in German, dekolletee) is also a French term that means a low-cut neck on a dress (which, in turn, would expose part of one's chest). Apparently wall builders have a tough time keeping their pants up enough too! We cracked up over that one and as I explained our other term, "plumber's crack."

No comments:

Post a Comment