Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I'm no Goethe

I had some blood drawn at the doctor's office. I'm not sure that I got the nurse who was the most talented at drawing blood because she had to try multiple times and I now have several holes in my arms. To be fair, though, I must say that I'm a difficult patient for blood draws since I have small veins that are deep, sideways, and prone to rolling. By the time she was done, I was feeling a bit giddy.

I also was almost overtaken by an attack of giggles, which certainly didn't help the situation much. The nurse asked me to "make a Faust." I must have been making a strange face because I almost lost it in giggles. I kept thinking, "I can't do that! I'm not Goethe!" I would just about get myself composed and she'd ask again. Even later during the day, it would come to mind and I'd get caught in giggles again.

--

In another literary note, I am starting another writing project, in addition to this one. My friend C and I will be writing something together that's completely over the top. I'm not busy enough with work, school, and social activities, it seems. It's been really fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment