Friday, June 5, 2015

The Java alarm, dinner for four, and more

It's not the day for my weekly update yet, but I will admit early: this week has me running out of steam. Then again, I've been running around like crazy and getting maybe 6 hours of sleep a night when I'm more of a 9 hours type person so it's not such a big surprise, I guess.

Some of our technology isn't functioning as it should at work so my coworkers and I have been trying to wrangle everything. We have a really good rapport and work well together so it's a great thing to be part of that team. I hope not to sound too much like one of those stock photo teamwork posters.

We had an utterly hilarious moment during a slew of frustration: my coworker (IT guy) was installing Java on my computer because I need it for some training I'm managing. We were talking about how I thought Java was blocked. Just as I said that, an alarm went off. Our other coworker (legitimately) asked if it was an alarm because of installing Java. Deadpan, coworker 1 said yes, it was. Coworker 2 believed him for a beat. We burst out laughing. I said that the guys use the coffee machine in their office as the Java alarm.

Since I'm worn out and don't have much oomph after spending 15 hours a day away/doing things and all I want to do is to laze around, I thought it would be a great idea for this weekend to...

 ...invite three friends over for a dinner of Lebanese food, made from scratch, then host one of the friends since she lives in a different town and we'll make plans for the next day too.

I'm not Lebanese.

I am seriously deficient at being domestic so I can't make up from myself not being Lebanese in the sense of preparing authentic Lebanese food.

I really didn't want to go to the store to pick up things but I've gone twice so far.

My house is in quite a state and needs a good cleaning and tidying.

It makes perfect sense to do this, right? Well, I have hardly seen some of my friends lately from being so busy so I think it'll be worth it. I did show a small amount of intelligence and didn't attempt to make homemade falafel because I haven't been successful with that before. I picked up a bag of frozen patties from Vitamingarten. Some good company should perk me up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment