Thursday, August 11, 2016

A German's take on why Germans don't like air conditioning

There is a lot of interest in expat circles (especially for American expats) about why Germans don't like air conditioning.

I've written about it in the past. You can read the entry here.

Trixi from Don'ttrusttherabbit gives her insights, as a German. Check out the Youtube video below.

So, what do you think? Does the cold air make you sick? Or do you hold the scientific view that bacteria and viruses make one sick?


2 comments:

  1. I get a headache from air conditioning, and sometimes problems with circulation if the difference of temperatures is to big. It does not have to be 15° inside a room! Also most air conditioners are not serviced regularly and the dirty filters are a breeding ground for bacteria, so that you get sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get sick when it's too hot, which is heat stroke or heat exhaustion, depending on the seriousness. In July, during the hot weather, I had to lie in bed for quite some time as I was dizzy and felt ill from the heat. I put the fan on the highest speed directly on me and felt a bit better. I never feel ill when I'm cold, just when I'm hot.

    ReplyDelete